How Much Will a 10′ x 20′ Kitchen Remodel Cost?
Refacing or replacing cabinets, installing new countertops, upgrading appliances, and adding or updating backsplashes and flooring are all common components of a kitchen remodel. A full kitchen remodel can take several weeks to several months to complete, depending on the scope of your project.
The following is the average cost of a kitchen remodel based on kitchen size: 20′ x 20′ (400 sq.ft.): $60,000 – $180,000. The average cost to remodel a 10 by 20 kitchen is in this ballpark. Of course, the materials used, the complexity of the project, and the contractor you hire are all factors that can influence the final cost of a kitchen remodel. This, however, gives you an idea of how much you can expect to spend on a typical kitchen remodel.
Successful 10′ x 20′ Kitchen Remodeling Examples
The 10′ x 20′ size is popular for kitchen remodeling. There are numerous ways to make a 10′ x 20′ kitchen work for you, whether you want to update the style or improve the functionality.
Here are four examples of successful 10′ x 20′ kitchen remodels to get you started:
1. A light and airy space: Use light colors and materials to make your kitchen feel more open and spacious. White cabinets, countertops, and backsplashes reflect light, making the room appear brighter and larger. A large island provides plenty of prep space and can double as a dining table, while glass-front cabinets add an extra element of openness.
2. A comfortable yet functional layout: Just because your kitchen is small doesn’t mean it can’t be comfortable. Use rich, dark colors like navy blue or forest green to create a warm and inviting environment. Don’t forget about the texture! Wood cabinets, granite countertops, and stone backsplashes all contribute to the space’s visual interest and warmth.
3. A practical layout for busy cooks: If you’re short on time but big on cooking, a practical layout is essential. Place your stovetop near the sink for easy meal prep, and prioritize function over form. Also, make sure you have enough storage for all of your cooking necessities, such as pots and pans, spices, and so on.
Tips for Cutting Costs
1. Plan ahead of time and create a budget: This is probably the most important tip for keeping your kitchen remodel costs low. You can avoid overspending on materials or labor by planning ahead of time and creating a budget.
2. Do some of the work yourself: If you’re handy, you can save money by doing some of the work yourself. Painting, tiling, and installing new hardware can all be done with minimal experience.
3. Shop around for the best deals: It pays to shop around for big-ticket items like appliances and countertops. To find the best deals, compare prices at various stores and online.
4. Be flexible with your design: You can save a lot of money if you’re willing to be flexible with your kitchen design. Consider using stock cabinets from a home improvement store instead of custom cabinets.
5. Use salvaged or recycled materials: Using salvaged or recycled materials whenever possible is another great way to save money on your kitchen remodel. Reclaimed wood and recycled tile, for example, can add character to your kitchen while saving you money.